Thursday, June 7, 2012

Raw Zucchini Pasta




We went to a wonderful vegetarian restaurant in St. Louis and I ordered Fettuccini Alfredo not realizing it was made with raw zucchini noodles.  I had to make it when I got home so I bought a Spiral Slicer and made the noodles then added other healthy veggies.  I heated up the sauce but you could also eat it room temp.

Raw Zucchini Pasta: 
2-3        large zucchinis, peeled then run through the Spiral Slicer

Spiral Slicer

Other Ingredients:
            Broccoli pieces
            Sliced red pepper
            Sliced mushrooms
            Sliced red onion

Alfredo Sauce (from Vegan Yum Yum by Lauren Ulm) 
1            cup soy or nut milk
1/3         cup  raw, unsalted cashews
1/4         cup nutrional yeast
3            tablespoons low-sodium tamari or soy sauce
2            tablespoons Earth Balance margarine
1            tablespoon tahini
1            tablespoon fresh lemon juice
2            teaspoons Dijon or stone-ground mustard
1/2         teaspoon paprika
1            pinch nutmeg
1            pinch salt
              black pepper to taste
2-4         garlic cloves  (optional)

Mix together the soy milk, cashews, yeast, tamari (or soy sauce), margarine, tahini, lemon juice, mustard, paprika, nutmeg, salt, pepper, and garlic in a blender and blend on high until very smooth. If your blender is having issues with grinding the nuts smoothly, you can strain the sauce.


2 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore my spiralizer. Just waiting for zucchini season to start so that I don't get sick of zucchini before my garden explodes. ;) Your version looks great! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like to try some other veggies, do you have any suggestions? BTW, I visited your site and the Dill soup is a must try!!!!

      Delete